1 cup mashed banana or ¾ cup unsweetened apple sauce *see note
¼ cup maple syrup
2 tablespoon non-dairy milk
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract or flesh from 1 vanilla bean
½ cup coconut flour
1 packet Nutriboba® Turmeric Vanilla Golden Tea Latte
¼ cup ground or milled flax seed
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon gluten-free baking soda
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon sea salt
pinch ground cloves
¾ cup shredded carrots
¼ cup raisins
2 tablespoon coconut butter, melted (for the icing)
- Preheat oven to 375F and line an baking sheet with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients in a large bowl with a hand or stand mixer.
- Whisk dry ingredients in a small bowl. Once incorporated, add to the wet mix and mix until smooth.
- Add shredded carrots and raisins. Allow to sit for 1-2 minutes to thicken up.
- Scoop approximately ⅓ cup at a time into your hand. Shape into a bar and place on prepared baking sheet. You can also shape the bars on the baking sheet, I found that was easiest.
- Bake bars for 22-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean, the bottoms of the bars or golden, and the tops are cracking slightly.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on the pan for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack
- Once cooled completely, top with a drizzle of coconut butter.